Trust me. It is easy to make. With a little bit patience, you will actually find the process quite therapeutic.
Yields 10 cute pumpkins,
- 200g pumpkin purée (you will need300g fresh pumpkin available at any grocery store)
- 140g glutinous rice flour糯米
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk 炼乳
For ‘pumpkin stems’, you will need,
- 20g glutinous rice flour
- 1 teaspoon green tea powder (or any color of ingredient of your preference and convenience)
- 18g water
- To make pumpkin purée, remove the skin and seeds, thinly slice it then cover the bowl with cling wrap and put in microwave in high heat for 4 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave. Add into glutinous rice flour, sugar and condensed milk and mix well.
- Cover the dough with a plastic bag and rest the dough for 20 minutes.
- Now let’s work on the ‘pumpkin stem’, you will need 20g glutinous rice flour, 1 teaspoon green tea powder(or any color of ingredient of your preference and convenience) and 18g water. Combine them and mix well.
The fun part now begins!
- Cut the dough into 10 pieces, roll each piece into a small ball, gently press down each ball a little bit then use the back of a knife carving the side. Top up with a little green stem.
- Bring water in the steamer pot to boil.
- Place 10 pieces of pastries on a parchment paper.
- Steam for 7 minutes in high heat.
- Let the cooked pumpkins cool off for 20 minutes.