Many dear friends tried this loaf at my home. All of them, kids and adults, love it! It is actually SUPER EASY to make.
Makes two loaves,
- 240g strong white flour高筋面粉
- 60g wholemeal flour 全麦面粉
- 3g dry yeast
- 4g salt
- 240g water
- Combine strong white flour, wholemeal flour, yeast, salt and water in a mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with a plastic bag. Leave the dough in the bowl for 2 hours in room temperature till it doubles in size
- Tip the dough out. Coat the top of the dough all over with flour. Split the dough in half and gently stretch out each piece of dough a little and place them on the heavily-floured baking tray to rest for a further 20 minutes
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 220℃
- Bake for 20 minutes till the beautiful aroma of the bread fills up your entire room
- NOT ready to eat yet…wait for another 20 minutes till it cools off on the cooling rack
- Enjoy a plain piece, dip the piece in olive oil, spread butter/cheese or use it to make your favorite sandwich.
- The same dough makes perfect pizza dough too – just reduce the water to the ratio of 70%, which means 210g water with 300g flour. The ingredients listed in this recipe are good to make two 12-inch pizza. Click here for Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe.