Sometimes when you eat authentic Mexican food, they give you this salsa stuff made with tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos. You can add a squeeze of lime juice to pico de gallo, but I prefer this basic recipe. Once you serve this with your Mexican dish such as tacos, you will want it with all your Mexican dishes.
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapenos, diced (optional)
- 2 sprigs or 1 cup, cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper (optional)) and cilantro. Season with salt, olive oil and lime juice. Stir until evenly distributed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.