This colourful one-pot dinner dish is warm and comforting. You may have all the ingredients in your pantry already!
- 1.2 kg (about 2.5lb) chicken or 900gram chicken thigh, cut into serving pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 120ml or (1/2 cup) white wine
- 2 large bell peppers, red, yellow or green, sliced into small strips
- 2 big tomatoes, fresh or canned, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Clean the chicken under running water. Pat dry with kitchen towel. Cut the chicken/chicken thigh into serving pieces. Season the chicken with salt ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a large heavy pan or casserole. Add the onions and cook over low heat until soft. Transfer to a side dish.
2. Increase the heat to medium. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes to brown both sides. Return the onions to the pot. Pour in the wine and cook until it has reduced by half. Stir in chopped tomatoes. Add chopped garlic. Lower the heat. Cover the pot. Cook for about 30 minutes.
3. Add the pepper strips and stir well to coat. Cook for another 4 – 5 minutes until the peppers have softened and chicken is cooked. Taste and add more salt if needed. Stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.