This refreshing layered salad makes an impressive presentation and tastes delicious. Serve this for an elegant sit down dinner party as an appetizer or enjoy it as a light and yummy lunch.
- 120g cooked crab meat, or 1 small can of crab meat, keep the empty can for stacking蟹肉
- 1 tablespoon spring onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 or 4 cherry tomato, diced
- ½ red bell pepper (1 red chili pepper if you prefer it a bit spicy), minced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise蛋黄酱
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (½ + ½) lemon juice
- avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce生抽
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place canned crab meat in a bowl, squeeze the meat to remove the water. In the same bowl, add into minced spring onion, cilantro, diced tomato rand minced red pepper. Add into 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise – this helps add moisture and a little creaminess to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Add ½ teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Get a separate bowl. Remove the skin of avocado. Use a spoon to mash the avocado. Add the other half teaspoon of the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Now, let’s plate the dish. Use a dual open-ended cylindrical mold to form the stacks. You can use ramekins too. Or if you do not have any of those tools, just fill into the empty can with crab meat mix first, press it down to make the fillings tight, then place avocado on top of the crab meat. Get a serving plate, flip the filled can and place the stacks in the middle of the plate, remove and discard the can.
- Let’s make the sauce. Get a small bowl, mix light soy sauce and olive oil. Drizzle the sauce on top of the stacked crab meat mixture and avocado stacks.