Loaded with veggies, this refreshing and flavorful salad can be made all year long, but it’s especially delicious this time of year when cucumbers and tomatoes are in season. The salad has a slight Asian touch with honey, lime juice, light soy sauce and sesame oil added into the dressing.
Serves 2 to 4
2 to 3 plum tomatoes or ½ pound Roma tomatoes, cut into bite size
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 avocados, diced, (try to find those creamy ones!)
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- ½ bunch (1/4 cup), cilantro
For the salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place chopped tomatoes, diced cucumber, avocado, sliced red onion and cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, using in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lime juice, light soy sauce, sesame oil and salt
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad bowl. Toss and Coat. Serve.