A perfect tasty summer salad dish for your family meal. Those colourful peppers are pretty and healthy for you. You will surely ‘wow’ your guests when serving them as the appetizer at your dinner party.
- 4 large bell peppers, red and yellow, slice individual pepper vertically into 8 pieces. Remove the seeds
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons capers in salt, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper
- Arrange the peppers in a preheated oven (200℃) for 20 minutes
- Remove the peppers from the oven and put in a plastic bag, seal the bag and leave for 10 Minutes. Then open the bag letting the hot air out and cooling off for another 10 minutes. Peel the peppers. This step is optional. Peeling the peppers definitely help the vegetables absorb the sweet and savory dressing. But if you find it troublesome, you can skip the step.
- Cut the peppers into bite-size strips and place them in a salad bowl.
To make the dressing,
- Mix the olive oil and garlic together in a bowl, crush the garlic with a spoon to release as much flavor as possible. Add into capers. Mix in the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the peppers, mix well and allow to stand at least 30 minutes before serving (or leave it in the fridge – it tastes equally good as long as it is consumed within 2-3 days.).