Overall, this is a SUPER easy recipe for classic banana bread. The batter takes about 10 minutes to throw together, the bread stays moist for days, and nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread in the oven!
Makes 1 loaf,
- ½ stick or 60g salted or unsalted butter, melted in the microwave and cool it off
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 large-size or 4 medium-size overripe bananas熟透的香蕉
- 2 cups all-purpose or plain flour中筋面粉
- 1 teaspoon baking soda小苏打
- 3/4 cup brown sugar. Adjust the volume of sugar to your taste). You can use caster sugar but the smoky flavor of the brown sugar balances well with the fragrance of the banana.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175℃. Melt the butter in the microwave. Cool it off.
- Lightly grease the loaf pan with a brush and a bit of melted butter.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Combine melted butter and beaten eggs. Add into peeled banana. Mash the banana.
- Combine above dry ingredients (Step 3) and wet ingredients (Step 4). Fold well. Make sure no dry flour seen in the batter.Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Once done, let the loaf pan sit a 1-2 minutes before moving to the oven.
- Place the loaf pan into the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 60-65 minutes. You can insert a toothpick into the center of the bread. The bread is done if the toothpick comes out clean. Remove the loaf pan from oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Then enjoy.