Can you imagine this light and delicious cabbage soup symbols the pinnacle of Sichuan Cuisine? It is the great stock that elevates the humble cabbage to a true delicacy. Traditional recipe asks for more sophisticated approach and ingredients to cook the stock. I have simplified the process to make the light and healthy soup accessible to family dinner tables.
- 1000ML chicken stock 鸡高汤 (Click homemade Chinese Chicken Stock for recipe)
- 160g baby Napa Cabbage (or use the small, inner, core part of a big Napa Cabbage) 娃娃菜或者大白菜菜心
- 1 tablespoon dried Chinese Goji berries 枸杞子, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- ½ teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- Wash the Napa Cabbage. If you use a big Napa cabbage, half the cabbage and use a knife to take the inner core part of the cabbage out.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Poach the cabbage in water for 1 minute. Drain. Place them into individual soup bowl.
- Use a separate pot to bring the chicken stock to a boil. Season the stock with salt.
- Divide the stock evenly and pour them into individual soup bowls. Top the soup bowl with rehydrated Chinese Goji berries.
- Serve warm.