When you have a good stock on hand, a great soup, sauce and dish is moments away! Good stock shall be an essential in your home kitchen as it is the ingredient that separates a great home cook’s food from a good home cook’s food. It is easier to make large quantity of your stock and store in the fridge or freezer.
Yield about 2000 ML Chicken Stock
- 2000ML water （Water and bone and ham ratiois roughly 2:1 or should be just enough to cover the chicken bone in the stock pot）
- 800g chicken bone架子
- 100g Ham or 6-7 dried Shiitake Mushroom干香菇
- 20g ginger (crushed)
- 5 spring onions (halved)
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine 料酒
- Place the chicken bones, ham, ginger, spring onions and cooking wine with 2 liters of water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Cook over high heat to bring it to a boil. Remove the foam if needed.
- Turn to the medium heat and cover for 15 minutes.
- Turn to low medium heat and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Use a sifter or colander to remove all the ingredients in the stock.