The chicken is very moisture and got its natural sweetness. I see this is the Chinese version of Thai Basil Chicken though it is easier to cook. It would please everyone, especially kids who may not be able to tolerate the spiciness.
- 250g ground chicken鸡肉
- 1/2 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon high-quality Chinese Cooking Wine (click here for Homemade Cooking Wine)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- A small portion leek, minced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ teaspoon tables salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce生抽
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar白砂糖
- Place ground chicken in a bowl, add into 1/2 tablespoon of light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine, 1 teaspoon of corn starch and 1 teaspoon of cooking oil. Mix well. Marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- In a wok over high heat, add the oil. One the oil is hot, add garlic and leek and fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrance. Add the ground chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, breaking up the chicken into small bits. Turn down the heat if you need a longer time to break down the ground chicken.
- Once the ground chicken become pale, turn up the heat, add salt, light soy sauce and sugar. Stir-fry for another minute. Add red pepper and cucumber, fry for 2 minutes.. Remove the wok from the heat.
- Ready to serve with rice.