A fun way to enjoy healthy cereal. Plus you can have your favourite cereal breakfast on the go now. These crunchy and chewy cereal cookies are easy to make, delicious and perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack. You might want to double the batch, because they usually go very quickly!
Make about 20 cookies
- 1 and half cups plain flour 中筋面粉
- 1 cup desiccated coconut干椰丝
- 1 and half cup cereal flakes, crushed燕麦片(捣碎)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar红糖
- 35g unsalted butter无盐黄油
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup枫糖浆
- 2 tablespoons olive oil橄榄油
- 2 tablespoons water (room temperature)
- Line 1 baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 190 ℃
- Melt the unsalted butter in microwave or on the stove and cool it off.
- Place cereal into a plastic bag. Hold the bag tight to crush the cereal flakes into small rough pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, place all the dry ingredients of plain flour, crushed cereal flakes, desiccated coconut and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients of butter (liquid), olive oil and water. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Use a spatula or your hands to bring them together.
- Now let’s roll the cookies. Take a small portion of the dough (1/20 of the total dough). Roll it into a ball then use your fingers to squash the ball, press it down to a disc. Place the disc on the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough until you’ve used it all up. Leave a bit of space between the cookies so they do not stick to each other.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, leave to cool for 5 minutes then remove from the baking tray. You can serve them warm or allow them to cool completely.
- These cookies can be stored in a sealed jar at room temperature. They should be eaten in 5-6 days.