This simple Thai salad dressing of sour-sweet-salty-spicy flavors is simply irresistible. On top of that, the crispy peanuts and chewy shrimp so nicely counter balance the softness of the eggplants. Will this give you another reason to eat more salad with homemade dressing?
- 400g green eggplants (or slim Chinese/Japanese eggplants)
- 6-7 shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 4-5 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar白砂糖
- 1.5 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 red Thai bird chilies, sliced
- Clean the eggplants and place them in a pre-heated oven (200°C) and bake for 15 minutes till the flesh becomes soft and the skin is charred all over.
- Clean the shrimp, split the shrimp from the back and cook in a pot of boiling water until just done. Remove and put aside.
- In the meantime, let’s prepare the dressing. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, mix well to ensure sugar is disolved.
- Peel the skin of eggplants and cut them into sections in 8cm
- Arrange the eggplants in a serving bowl. Top with shallots, cooked shrimp and chopped peanuts. Then pour into dressing.
- Reay to serve.