Who would think that cooked sesame oil and minced garlic together could create such a glorious flavor? The four-ingredient salad is super easy to make and can immediately become a must of your dinner table. Feel free to replace the French beans with spinach, snow beans, or Chinese long beans.
- 250g fresh green beans （French beans）, ends removed四季豆
- 2 cups ice cubes (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoon sesame oil香油
- 2-3 cloves garlic cloves, minced， 蒜末
- 1.5 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Trim the ends of the French beans.
- Let’s blanch the beans first. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In the meantime, prepare a bowl of iced water. Add the beans into the boiling water, cook for about 4 minutes. Then drain the beans and immediately plunge them the iced water to stop cooking (if no iced water, just use the tap water.) In 2 minutes later, drain the beans. Half the beans in length. Place them in a serving plate.
- Now, let’s make the sauce. Add one and half tablespoon of sesame oil into a sauce pan over medium heat, add minced garlic and fry about 3-4 minutes till garlic turns brown. Add one and half tablespoon of soy sauce, mix well and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Use a spoon to pour the sauce evenly onto the beans in the serving plate.