This comfort-food salad’s bold dressing has big umami flavor and meaty texture, thanks to the cooked mushrooms. It is a great option for either family meal or your dinner party. It takes less than 10 minutes to put together – will this give you another reason to try homemade salad dressing?
- 100g baby spinach or spinach (leaves only)，菠菜叶
For the mushroom-vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ yellow onions, sliced
- ¼ red bell pepper, sliced
- 4-5 sliced mushroom such as swiss button or shiitake mushroom
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place spinach leaves in a salad plate or bowl.
- Slice yellow onion, bell pepper and mushroom. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add yellow onion first, saute for 2-3 minutes till soft, then add mushroom, cook for 2-3 minutes till soft and add bell pepper. Mix them well, then season it with ground pepper and sea salt. Add 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Mix well. The warm mushroom vinaigrette dressing is done.
- Immediately pour the dressing on top of the baby spinach. Toss and Coat. Serve.