Tofu Skin is a byproduct of the tofu-making process. At the grocery stores, you’ll likely find tofu skin sold three ways: dried, fresh, and frozen. The frozen sheets have a firm, slightly rubbery texture that becomes soft and pliable when moistened. If sealed in an airtight package, it stays fresh for months and offers a lot of versatility. One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is to make it a salad with the Chinese Vinegar Dressing.
- Chinese Vinegar Dressing
- 5 sprigs spring onions, roughly chopped，香葱切丝
- 4 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons Chinese white rice vinegar 白米醋
- 2 tablespoons Chinkiang vinegar镇江香醋
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil 香油
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce 生抽
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar白糖
- 250g (1 packet) Tofu skin Sheets豆腐皮 （千张）， thinly sliced
- 80g Carrots, thinly sliced 胡萝卜切丝
- Heat the cooking oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add spring onions and fry over low medium heat for about 5 minutes. Drain by removing the caramelized spring onions. This will yield 3 tablespoons of spring onions oil.
- Place the spring onions oil in a mixing bowl. Add into rest of the vinegar dressing seasonings. Mix well. Set aside.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Blanch sliced Tofu skin sheets and carrots. Cool off the blanched vegetables under the running water. This takes about 3-4 minutes. Drain.
- Combine blanched Tofu skin, carrots with the vinegar dressing