bái zhuó, one of the unique cooking methods in Chinese cookery and the healthiest and tastiest ways to cook your favorite vegetables. The dish contains only four ingredients and takes five minutes to put together.
- 250g Baby Kai Lan (or chopped big Kai Lan) 小芥蓝
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce 生抽
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Goji berries 枸杞子, soaked in the water for 20 minutes
- Water for poaching
- Bring water to a boil in a big pot. When water is boiling, turn down heat to medium high. Carefully add 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil in the water. Turn up the heat. Working quickly, cook the kai lan for about 1-2 minute in the water. I would do this in small batches.
- Place the Kai Lan in a serving plate. Place Goji berries on top of the vegetable. Drizzle a tablespoon of soy sauce over the plated Kai Lan.