The twisted version of a classic dish in Chinese home cooking, the salad only contains five ingredients and takes five minutes to put together. The tofu tastes so refreshing with the nutty sesame oil and pungent Chinese parsley and spring onions. It’s one of the best and tastiest ways to add the healthy protein to your daily meal without adding many calories or spending much time in the kitchen.
- 1 packet (about 300g, net) firm or extra firm Tofu 北豆腐
- 5 sprigs Chinese Parsley or Cilantro, minced， 香菜5根，切成碎末
- 1 sprig spring onion, minced 香葱1根，切成碎末
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil 香油
- 1/2 teaspoon saltMethod
- Chop and mince the Chinese parsley and spring onion on a cutting board. Set aside.
- Take the tofu out from the package and place it on the same cutting board. Use paper towel to gently absorb the extra water from the tofu. Slice the tofu into small cubes.
- Place both parsley, spring onion and tofu in a mixing bowl. Add salt, sesame oil. Mix well. Let the ingredients rest for 10 minutes to allow tofu absorb the seasonings.
- Place the ingredients in a serving bowl and garnish with Chinese parsley.