Happily found that the mini sweet peppers are locally produced here in Florida. They are much cheaper than the same I found at the Tiong Bahru market and Cold Storage in Singapore (of course). I like to cook it with an Asian touch by coating the grilled peppers with gently caramelized light soy sauce. The umami taste is obvious and just so satisfying.
- 400g Mini Sweet Peppers
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, roughly cut
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce 生抽
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Wash the peppers, remove the stems and place them in a baking tray
- Place the tray in the oven and grill for 10 minutes till the peppers turn soft.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan, add garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes, then add light soy sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Immediately turn off the heat once the soy sauce becomes bubbly. Quickly add sweet peppers and coat them with the soy sauce and garlic mix.