This colourful one-pot dinner dish is warm and very comforting. And you may have all the ingredients on hand already.
- 1.2 kg (about 2.5lb) chicken or 900gram chicken thigh, cut into serving pieces
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 120ml or (1/4 cup) white wine
- 2 large bells, red, yellow or green, sliced into small strips
- 2 big tomatoes or equivalent cherry tomatoes, fresh or canned, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon, dried parsley or use 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Clean the chicken under running water. Pat dry with kitchen towel. Cut the chicken/chicken thigh into serving pieces. Season the chicken with salt ground black pepper.
- Heat half of the oil in a large heavy pan or casserole. Add the onions and cook over low heat until soft. Transfer to a side dish.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and increase the heat to medium. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes to brown both sides. Return the onions to the pan, then add chopped garlic.
- Pour in the wine and cook until it has reduced by half. Add the pepper strips and stir well to coat. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and cook for about 25-30 minutes. Stirring occasionally until the peppers have softened and chicken is cooked. Season with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.