Can not ask a simpler way to roast a Chinese-flavoured chicken. The skin is golden and extremely crunchy while white meat is tender and juicy.
- I whole chicken, 1.3 kg
- 200g baby tomatoes, sliced into half
- 6-7 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Dip sauce (optional):
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- A few red chilies sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C°.
- Half the baby tomatoes. Roughly the garlic. Place 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a frying pan. Stir fire the garlic and tomato over low-medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pat dry the whole chicken and tuck into with the tomato and garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle the chicken with about 1.5 tablespoons of freshly ground sea salt.
- Place the chicken onto an aluminium foil lined tray. Place it in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes till golden.
- Move the chicken out of the oven. Use a spoon to scoop out of the tomato and garlic mixture. Use a knife to scrap the salt on the surface of the chicken. Slice the chicken and top with the tomato and garlic mixture.