Don’t be deceived by its looks. The well-loved home-cooked Chinese dish is just comforting and flavorful. Serve it with plain white rice and a simple stir-fried green vegetable for an easy, healthy and satisfying dinner. Be sure to spoon the glorious juices over the rice.
- 250g ground pork (30% fat in minimum) and ideally cut by hand猪肉末（7成瘦）
- 3 tablespoons water in room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil香油
- ½ tablespoon light soy sauce生抽
- 1 tablespoon corn starch淀粉
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar白糖
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper 白胡椒粉
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced姜末
- ½ tablespoon cooking oil (optional)
- 80g preserved vegetables 梅菜 (pickled of Chinese mustards)
- 1 tablespoon spring onion，葱末, for garnish
- Soak the preserved vegetables in water for 10 minutes, then wash it and cut into small pieces.
- Add all the ingredients and seasoning (except spring onions) into a big bowl, use chopsticks and stir vigorously in one direction until the pork has a sticky texture.
- Spread the meat out into a circle in a shallow dish that will fit into your streamer. Cover the dish with a plate or aluminium foil, place it in a steamer and steam high heat for 15 -20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the steamer. Sprinkle with minced onion and serve.