It perfectly goes with your homemade Ciabatta or you could simply savour it as a salad dish. You will surely ‘wow’ your guests when serving it at your dinner party.
4 Large bell peppers, red and yellow
2 tablespoons capers in salt, rinsed
12 black pitted olives
For the dressing
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and ground black pepper
1. Arrange the peppers in a preheated oven (200℃) for 20 minutes
2. Remove the peppers from the oven and put in a plastic bag, seal the bag and leave for 5 minutes
3. Peel the peppers, remove the cores and seeds. Cut the peppers into strips
4. Distribute the capers and olives evenly over peppers
To make dressing,
5. Mix the olive oil and garlic together in a bowl, crush the garlic with a spoon to release as much flavor as possible.
6. Mix in the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
7. Pour the dressing over the peppers, mix well and allow to stand at least 30 minutes before serving (or leave it in the fridge – it tastes equally good as long as it is consumed within 2-3 days.)
8. Place all ingredients in a separate serving bowl by removing the excess juice.