- 1 (about 400g) bitter gourd凉瓜, thinly sliced, cut in 5cm in length
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced 蒜末
- 1 tablespoon fermented soy beans, carefully washed and minced 豆豉，洗净切碎
- 3-4 bird red chili, roughly chopped， 泰辣椒，切碎
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce生抽
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine料酒
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar白砂糖
- Cut the bitter gourd in half. Take one half, split it from the middle, use a spoon to remove the seeds and the white inner membrane. Sliced the cleaned gourd into strips in 5cm in length.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add minced garlic, fried for 1 minute till fragrant, add gourd strips, stir fry for another 1 minute. Add fermented soy beans and chili and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add cooking wine and light soy sauce, mix well with rest of the ingredients in the pan and stir fry for 1 minute. Lastly, add sugar in the frying pan and stir for 1 minute.
- Plate it and Serve.