you can’t have a party without a cake and kids need something fun to do at the party. Why not find a way to combine the two and save some money? Bake the cupcakes by yourself then let the kids decorate and create their own cupcakes.
Makes about 24 cupcakes,
- 250g cake flour 低筋面粉 (all-purpose or plain flour works. it just doesn’t produce a cupcake as soft as cake flour)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 泡打粉
- 4-5 large eggs room temperature
- 200g caster sugar白砂糖
- 200g unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk, room temperature 全脂牛奶 （室温）
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190℃ or375°F. Line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners. In the meantime, melt the unsalted butter in microwave or on the stove and cool it off.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set flour mix aside.
- Place eggs into a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs on medium speed (30 seconds). Gradually add into sugar and beat on high speed until the eggs have tripled in volume. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the sifted flour into the beaten eggs until you can’t see flour anymore, then fold in the butter, milk and vanilla essence in the batter.
- Now pour batter into a lined cupcake pan. I use a level ice cream scoop for even measuring. Fill liners to about 2/3 full (do not over-fill).
- Place the cupcake pan into the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 15-16 minutes. You can insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. The cupcake is done if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from oven and place it on the cooling rack for about 10 minutes. Once the cupcakes are cooled to room temperature, then you can start the frosting and decoration. Click here for Buttercream Frosting recipe.